TEXT BOOK COLLECTION -- ENGLISH -MONDAY MAY 20 AND TUESDAY MAY 21
· COLLEGE PACKET DUE DATES
· (1) Brag sheet – 10 point
· Parent Brag Sheet - 10 5/20-5/21
· (2) Extended Resume - 40 5/22-5/23
· (3) College Essay – 50 points 5/24-5/28
· ALL WORK NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED ON GOOGLE DOCS AND SHARED WITH ME
· Introduction to THE CATCHER AND THE RYE
May 16-17 Chapters 1-5 reply to prompt on Edmodo - Character - done in class
May 20-21 Chapters 6-12-
May 22-23 Chapters 13-16reply to prompt on Edmodo - motif -in class
May 24-28 Chapters 17-22reply to prompt on Edmodo - motif -in class
May 29-30 Book completed - preparation sheet for Socratic seminar -- use You Tube - Catcher in the Rye - three part slide show on adolescent psychology, personality disorders, grieving -- use to prepare for seminar -- 3 responses per student -- also using rubric to evaluate class
BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT @apscorce.org to be able to access your scores after the AP TEST
there will be no paper copies of results sent !!
May 8-9 -- completion of APMC --PART 5 -- Analysis in class
MAY 6-7-- In class argument essay-- PART 4
MAY 2-3 -- In class synthesis essay-- APMC -- PART 3
APRIL 30/MAY 1 --in class analysis essay -- APMC -- PART 2
DUE DATE MAY 6-7
DUE DATE May 2/3
· ASSIGNMENT -- COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF (1) 154-55 description -- fill in the blanks as well as analysis (in paragraph format – at least two complete analysis paragraphs) of section using the information - All work is to be done neatly and in pen. (2) ABOUT STYLE P155—Take notes on paper on the elements of style – “WHAT IS IT ??” To “DICTION” PP 160
Due Date April 30/May 1
· ASSIGNMENT -- COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF (1) 151-54 Definition and Narration -- fill in the blanks as well as analysis (in paragraph format – at least two complete analysis paragraphs) of each section using the information - All work is to be done neatly and in pen.
REGISTER FOR EDMODO ACCOUNT
group log in
1st period bghw39
2nd period ipxu14
3rd period - he642y
6th period - zgo5ub
ENTER EDMODO RESPONSE - Realism by 12:00 am 01/09 for A day 01/10 B Day
For students to access:
SBISD website> For Students> Educational Technology> Learning Resources> Turnitin.com
Log on only with SBISD user name and password. Click on Class and assignment’s name is seen. When student’s assignment is complete, he/she must save it with a .pdf extension or as a Microsoft Word document. From Turnitin, use Single File Upload and see teacher name. Enter the document’s title, find document to attach and Upload.
Turnitin has excellent video tutorials. Access them via the Help tab at top of screen.
Please turn in a paper copy with both students’ names on it (if you worked with a partner) for study guide I.
Class id password
· ASSIGNMENT -- COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF (1) 160-161 FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE --(a) Annotate passage for figurative language and to discover Melville’s purpose and tone in writing this passage (b) Write a 2-3 paragraph analysis of the selection focusing on purpose and tone and use of figurative language to achieve this.
(2) READ THE SECTION ON SYNTAX p 161-163
(a)Do the Check mark exercise on page 163 – remember to write THREE SENTENCES – IN THREE DIFFERENT WAYS – each new sentence needs to include all of the information.
3. READ THE SECTION ON TONE AND ATTITUDE PP 163 -164 – (a) Complete the check exercise on page 165
(b) Complete the light bulb exercise on p 166
All work is to be done neatly and in pen.