Turnitin.com Class ID and Passwords
|class id number
|1st pd. English IV
|6th pd. English IV AP
|3rd pd. English IV AP
|4th pd. English IV AP
|7th pd. English IV AP
All out-of-class assignments must be submitted on Turnitin.com with a less than 5% "originality" score. SBISD students can register using their school username and i.d. if they do not already have an account from last year. Whether students are new to Turnitin.com or already have an account from last year, they need to join a new class with the information listed above. Access Turnitin.com from the SBISD webpage. Click on "Educational Technology" under the heading "For Students." Then, find the "Learning Resources" tab on the lefthand side of the screen, and choose "Turnitin.com" from the dropdown menu.
Upload your assignments in pdf or Word format on Turnitin.com!
English IV :
- 11/11: Receive Macbeth study guide and understand background information. The episode of "Shakespeare Uncovered" and Macbeth power point are shared on Edmodo with a question for you to answer before 11/13.
- 11/13: Begin reading Act I of Macbeth (online textbook has audio). Keep up with the study guide because I'll check it periodically for a daily grade; when you turn it in on 12/10, it counts as a test grade. Receive critical analysis assignment with outline and rubric. Begin collecting quotes for the essay while reading Macbeth.
- 11/15: Finish reading Act I and begin Act II if time permits.
- 11/19 Continue reading Act II. Quiz over Act I including vocabulary.
- 11/21: Finish reading and discussing Act II. Keep up with study guide.
- 11/25: Read Act III of Macbeth. Quiz over Act II with vocabulary. Study guide check for Act II (daily grade).
- 12/2: Read Act IV. Receive final exam review, which (if completed fully) will be worth 10 pts. extra on the final exam.
- 12/4: Quiz on Act III with vocabulary. Finish reading Act IV. Work on outline for essay. Study guide check for Act III (daily grade).
- 12/6: Read Act V. Finish outline and submit along with critical article annotated for quotes that you plan to use in your essay. Use different color ink or highlighters to show which quotes will go in each body paragraph (quiz grade). If time permits, check study guide for Act IV-V (daily grade).
- 12/10: Macbeth study guide due (test grade). Work on rough draft in the writing lab using Google Docs. Quiz over Acts IV-V, including vocabulary.
- 12/12: Macbeth critical analysis due at the end of class in paper and Turnitin.com with a less than 5% originality score.
- 12/16: Final Exam Review
- 12/17: Final Exam (bring final exam review completed for extra credit)
English IV AP:
By 11/13 and 11/14: Create an account on www.diigo.com (an electronic bookmarking website), join my senior AP literature group, upload a critical article on Macbeth or one of the book club novels, AND comment on that article by writing a one or two sentence quick review of what you thought of it. This will count as a daily grade.
11/13 and 11/14: In-class essay on Macbeth. First AP academic vocabulary quiz (first 10 words on list plus any of the word wall words).
11/15 and 11/18: Macbeth study guide due and Macbeth test in class.
Please bring a purchased/downloaded/borrowed copy of Heart of Darkness to class on 11/19 and 20.
11/19 and 11/20: Rough draft of literary criticism paper with annotated article due. Do not submit this on Turnitin.com (final draft only). Submit Macbeth major works card (11 points per element), and bring in Heart of Darkness (paper copy or electronic acceptable).
11/21 and 11/22: Submit literary criticism assignment in paper and on Turnitin.com for a major test grade. Annotated article and MLA documentation must be included with paper copy. Vocabulary quiz over both sets of Heart of Darkness vocabulary (not the AP academic words this time).
11/25 and 11/26: Submit Heart of Darkness first day assignment in paper and Turnitin.com.
12/4 and 12/5: Part I of HOD study guide with a partner due on Turnitin.com for a quiz grade.
12/6 and 12/9: AP vocabulary quiz over second set of 10 words, plus any of the word wall words. Work on section II of HOD study guide independently this time.
12/10 and 12/11: Section II of HOD study guide due on Turnitin.com (paper copy is optional but Turnitin.com with less than 5% originality score is required). This is a quiz grade and is completed independently.
12/12 and 12/13: Socratic Seminar of Achebe article and HOD (quiz grade). Have at least 16 annotations ready to show at the beginning of class in order to participate in the seminar. Highlighting the text alone is not considered annotations--actually take notes in the margin. AP vocabulary set 3 quiz (plus any word wall words). Section III of HOD study guide due on Turnitin.com with a less than 5% originality score--completed independently (paper copy is optional).