Welcome back to school! This is my 12th year at Stratford teaching US History and I am very excited! I am also the Varsity Cheerleading Coach so I am looking forward to seeing all of you at all of the SHS events. It is going to be a a fun year Go Spartans!!!
(The username and password will be posted in the classroom)
The notebook will be given to you on Sept 5/6 and we will set it up during the class period.(see below) All of your notes/worksheets will go in this notebook in a certain order (glued or written in) and it will be graded several times a six weeks. You will receive daily grades for assignments in the notebook and a half of a test grade for the entire notebook. This is NOT optional
· Title Page-First page of you notebook. Your name, subject, class period, grade, my name (Mrs. Benzman), and school year (2013-2014) should be printed clearly in the center of this page. You will paste this direction sheet inside the front cover.
· back of the tile page) Table of Contents- Pages 1-6 of your notebook. The table of contents should include a listing of all the entries made. Each entry in the table of contents will include the page number and the title of the assignment. A copy of the table of contents will be on the board in the classroom.
· Page Numbers-In the top right corner to keep track of each page of the notebook—using your table of contents, you should be able to find any assignment you have done throughout the year. The title of each assignenment must be placed on the top of each page as well.
· Note Taking- Notes will handwritten on the right side (even side) of the notebook. If you are absent you may not photo copy the notes of others, they must be handwritten for full credit.
· Assignments/ Activities- Be sure to pay close attention to where assignments/activities are supposed to go in the notebook. These will be glued on the left side of your notebook (on side)
2nd six weeks
Test - Imperialism 10/30-31 (Notebook Due)
3rd six weeks
Test WWI 11/13-14
Test 1920's and 1930's Dec 10/10-11
Power Review 12/14
Major Grades (tests, projects, notebook) 50%
Minor Grades (quizzes, classwork, homework) 50%
Tues 7:20-7:40 and Wed 7:20-7:40 (if you need more time, see me)