ACT/College Board Guidance

Applying for College Board (PSAT/SAT/AP) Accommodations:

To receive accommodations through College Board, your child must meet the following conditions:

  • Have a diagnosed condition that requires academic accommodations to be equal to his non-disabled peers
  • Have an individualized plan such as a 504 Service Plan with accommodations that has been in place for at least 4 school months
  •  Be actively using the accommodations on his 504 Service Plan

Parents will need to apply for these accommodations through College Board for their student to receive accommodations. I will include a copy of the registration form that will need to be printed off, completed, and faxed to College Board. In addition to the accommodations request form, you will also need the following:

  • Testing data or a letter from the doctor to confirm a diagnosis that supports evidence of a disability
  • A copy of the student’s current 504 plan

If at first your request is denied, it may be helpful to reapply for accommodations and include the following:

  • Teacher evaluation form
  • Parent/student personal letter describing the disability
  • Any additional outside formal testing or doctor diagnosis

When you need to apply: You need to start today. If you are not initially approved, you may need time to get a more detailed letter from your clinician, teacher evaluations, and compose personal letters in order to receive accommodations.

How will you know that accommodations have been approved: College Board will send you an email or a letter by mail.

Resources for help:

Stratford High School Code: 443447

College Board for Students with Disabilities – 1-844-255-7728


Applying for ACT Accommodations  

  • You will first need to register your student to take an ACT online (several months in advance).
  • During the registration process you will need to “click” that your student wishes to use accommodations.

ACT will email SHS testing facilitator, Meagan Hudek to ask that information be submitted to complete the accommodations request process. Before Mrs. Hudek can provide information to ACT, you as the parent, will need to sign and email the following consent form (Complete Form) to  

Make sure to register for the test SEVERAL MONTHS in ADVANCE to give Mrs. Hudek time to complete her part and for ACT to complete their review of the documentation and information and make a decision.

Resources for help:

Needing your Child’s Section 504 Service Plan?:

  • Please use the following link (Section 504 Request) to request a copy of your most recent Section 504 Student Service Plan
  • Requests will be fulfilled within 2-3 school days
  • For security purposes, Accommodation Plan will only be emailed to SBISD email addresses