Back to School
SHS Newcomer Orientation, for Class of 2026 and all new 10th-12th students
Thursday, August 11, 8:00am to 12:00 noon. Any new student to Stratford who would like to participate in orientation is invited to campus. All incoming freshmen are encouraged to attend. Student leaders will provide tours, give guidance, and help students log on to required school related websites on their assigned Chromebooks.
Parents are welcome to attend a Coffee with the Principal in the school cafeteria. Coffee and breakfast pastries will be served beginning at 8:00a.m. The principal-lead conversation will begin at 9:00a.m. Topics of discussion include: school safety, staffing and hiring updates, new school and district initiatives, student expectations and characteristics, staff expectations and characteristics, and a few more topics to be determined.
Various student and parent organizations will sell Stratford Spirit wear in the cafeteria at the conclusion of the coffee. Sales will begin as soon as 10:00a.m. but no later than 10:30a.m. They will continue through the morning until the students are dismissed. If you are only wanting to come purchase school merchandise, then that window is roughly 10:00a.m. – 12:30p.m.
We will also sell spirit wear again at 6:00p.m. and any students, new or returning, are welcome to come to campus and walk their class schedule with friends and family. Students and families can purchase spirit wear from 6:00p.m. – 8:00p.m. on the evening of August 11th.
Registration Requirements for Students New to SBISD or SHS
Please be advised, registration process can last up to two hours
- Families new to SBISD or families who have moved within SBISD to a different school are encouraged to register students before the first day of school.
- All necessary registration forms may be completed online in advance of registering the student at his/her attendance area school.
- To complete forms online via SBISD website, you will need an Internet-ready browser, email address and phone number.
- If you would like to print out the forms for your records, please ensure that Adobe Reader is installed on your device.
- Below is schedule for Stratford HS registration dates/times. (A parent or legal guardian must be present to enroll a student less than 18 years old.) YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO REGISTER. Call for appointment: 713-251-3400
- Monday, Aug 1 - Thursday, August 4, 8am-12pm AND 1:00pm-3:30pm
- Monday, August 8 - Wednesday, August 10, 8am-11am AND 1:00pm-3:30pm
- Thursday, August 11, Afternoon only, 1:00pm-3:30pm
- ***First DAY of School: Monday, August 15th NO REGISTRATION***
- Tuesday August 16, second day of school, School office hours or by appointment
- Immunization record certified by a doctor or public health official
- Transcript or report card from the last school attended
- Birth certificate or other document suitable as proof of a child's identity
- Proof of residency is required upon enrollment. (Examples: lease agreement or mortgage payment book, district tax bill, utility bill with correct name and address)